Have your heard about Boom Cards? Boom Cards is a platform where teachers can create/buy/sell digital task cards. During Spring 2020, Boom Card resources were a great way for my students to review and practice vocabulary and content.
In this blog post I will share with you the reasons why I LOVE Boom Cards and how you can assign Boom Card decks to your students using a free account.
Here are my top reasons why Boom Cards are great for foreign language practice:
- They are self checking: If you have activities like multiple choice, drag and drop or complete in the blank space, students have immediate feedback for their work.
- They are digital and interactive: Students can work on their boom cards from a smartphone, tablet or computer.
- A lot of Boom Cards include audio files, perfect to practice listening skills.
- You can assign them to students (even with a free account) or track your students’ progress (with a paid account).
How to assign Boom Cards to students using a free account.
Free accounts allow you to play purchased Boom Cards using Fast Pins.
With a free account you can assign a “fast pin” to your students. As soon as you purchase your deck of boom cards on TPT here is what you need to do
- Create a Boom Cards account.
- Click on the link of the resource you purchased.
- Your resource will be added to your library.
- Click on “action”
- Click on “fast pin”
- Boom Learning will generate a PIN (or code).
- Share that link to your students. The link is valid for 14 days only.
A good way to keep track of students’ progress is to ask them to take a screenshot once they complete all the deck of Boom Cards.
Remember these decks are self checking, so if there is a card your students can’t answer, they’ll have the choice to “skip” or “give up” the cards that are giving them a hard time.
Ready to use Boom Learning? Check my current Boom Learning bundles for lower school and middle school.
Nos vemos pronto.
Resources you might like
Digital Task Cards in Spanish – Bundle 1 -Upper Elementary
Boom Cards are a great addition to your lessons. This digital resource is great for your upper elementary or middle school students to review.
This bundle is packed with Boom Card decks to review family, verb to be, clothes, subject pronouns and more.
Boom Cards are a great addition to your lessons. This digital resource is great for your elementary level students and young learners
This bundle is packed with all Boom Card decks to review vocabulary about food, farm animals and pets.